Understand & participate to an animated conversation with natives
– You will be able to understand and participate to an animated conversation between French natives about a concrete or an abstract subject. There are still some small détails that you don’t understand. But you have the vocabulary and the confidence necessary to do so at your disposal.
Express your opinion with ease on any trending topics
– You will be able to express and develop your opinion on any trending topic like, climate change, actual politics, etc. You have the vocabulary and the confidence necessary to do so at your disposal.
Express yourself on complex topics, like arts, religion, philosophy
– You will be able to express youself on complex subjects like arts, politics, religion or philosophy. You search sometimes for your words, but your expression is clear and comprehensible. You have the vocabulary and the confidence necessary to do so at your disposal.
React with spontaneity to daily life situations
– You will be able to react with spontaneity to daily life situation, for example explaining with force to a taxi driver that you didn’t like his way to drive.
Work/study in a French speaking company/school
– You will be able to work/study in a French speaking company or a French speaking school, university.
– You will be able to interact with french speaking coworkers, boss, classmates and teachers at work or at school with ease,
– You will be able to read and write emails, have long phone conversations in French with coworkers, boss, classmates or teachers with ease.
Have a professional conversation with a client
– You will be able tohave long professional conversation on the phone or face to face with your client.
– You will be able to discuss solutions for your clients as well as the terms of contract with ease.
Understand technical questions about your specialty/product
– You will be able to understand and answer technical questions about your specialty, your products or your services coming from your coworkers, your clients or your boss with ease.
Read, analyse and modify a contract or a legal letter
– You will be able to read, analyze, comment and modify a contract with a B2B or a B2C client. We will train you for that matter during the classes to get you ready for this type of task.
Write an official letter with the corresponding vocabulary & tone
– You will be able to write and official letter with the corresponding vocabulary and tone, for example to your boss, a client, a state administration or to apply for university.
Make an oral report about a conference or meeting
– You will be able to make an oral report on a conference or meeting you’ve attended.
– You will be able to take notes, organize your ideas, summarize them and make an oral report with the proper language register to your boss, coworkers or client.
Negociate inside a professional framework
– You will be able to negociate inside a professional framework. You will be able to argue with and react on time to what your interlocutor is saying or asking, for example to negociate your work contract, a service contract with a client.
Express your opinion or disagreement with your French coworkers
– You will be able to express your agreement or your disagreement with your French native coworkers and you will be able to express with clarity the reasons for your agreement and your disagreement.
Read, take notes, synthesize your ideas about a specialized topic
– You will be able to read specialized documents, understand them, take notes, and organize your ideas on a specialized topic for work or school to finally synthesize them in a presentation.
Understand with precision an interview about a technical topic
– You will be able to precisely understand an interview about a very specific domain like the law, human sciences, history, etc.
– You will also be able to understand with precision a speaker at a conference speaking about a very specific topic.
Write about & explain your passions with ease
– You will be able to write a long text about your passions with details.
– You will be able to communicate why these passions are important for you and how you practice them in your daily life.
Write about a future project for work or school
– You will be able to write a future project for work or school with ease and great details.
– You will be able to read and understand a written professional project of your company or your school as well as discuss about it with your coworkers, boss, classmates, teachers.
Write about your personal background with great details
– You will be able to write about your personal background in details, for example in a resume.
– You will be able to explain the past choices you made, why you made them and how events have unfolded after you made these choices. You can clearly articulate the cause and the consequence of your choices.
– You will be able to understand people when they write or speak about their past and reengage them to have more specific details.
Interact with anyone in restaurants, shops, streets with ease
– You will be able to interact with ease with people you don’t know in the streets and in the shops. You are confident in your French and you can lead the conversation in the direction that you want.
Interact on social media, by phone & email with ease
– You will be able to have long conversations on the phone with people (your boss, your clients, your friends, etc).
– You will be able to read & write long and detailed emails with ease.
– You will be able to read & write text messages with ease.
– You will be able to read & write long posts on social media with ease.
Read the news papers & understand the news on TV
– You will be able to read news papers in French and understand the content of them as well as the political orientation of the news paper.
– You will be able to watch the news on TV and understand them.
– You will be able to give your opinion in a detailed manner about the events presented on TV and in the news papers.
Watch movies, read novels & listen to the radio in French
– You will be able to watch movies in French and understand the plot and most of the dialogues. You still need to watch the scenes another time to fully understand the subtelties of the dialogues.
– You will be able to read novels in French. It still takes you a great time to read.
– You start to be able to listen to the radio and to podcasts in French. You underdstand most of what is said and you can react and give your opinion about the topics.
Travel to France & be at ease in a French speaking environment
– You will be able to travel to France and be at ease in a French speaking environment.
– You can interact with anyone in most of the situations and you are no longer in difficulty when you need to interact with French speakers.
– You are confident in your French and you are confident that you can make it in most of the situations.
– You don’t feel like a stranger anymore when you are with French speakers only. You feel being part of the group.
Understand the meaning of idiomatic expressions
– You will be able to understand the meaning of idiomatic expressions and you will be able to reuse them from time to time, but you still have difficulties with colloquial language and idioms.
The global architecture of French language
If necessary, we will revise the entire architecture of French grammar. We will revise the great schema of French language to help you structure your French definitively.
The structures of complex sentences
If necessary, for you to be able to express complex ideas we will revise the structures of complex sentences as well as the logical connectors, the conjunctions & the relative pronouns.
The logical connectors, the conjunctions & the relative pronouns
During this course, we will take a lot of time studying the architecture of French grammar. We will build the great schema of French language to help you structure your French definitively.
The complements of the verbs & their pronominalization
If necessary, we will revise the different complements of the verbs and how to replace them with pronouns. You will study the indirect object complement, the direct object complement, the circumstancial complement, and all the other types. Each one of these complements is related to a set of pronouns used to replace them to avoid repetition, to gain speed and elegancy.
The active, passive and attributive forms of the verbs
If necessary, we will revise that verbs can have three forms in French. The active form, the passive form and the attributive form. You will learn to use them and transform the verbs from one form to another.
The 9 categories of words
All the words in French fall into 9 categories and 9 categories only. (The nouns, the adjectives, the verbs, etc.) We will spend time revising and completing your knowledge of these 9 categories.
The indicative mood (13 tenses)
At this stage, you normally master all the tenses of the indicative mood : the present tense, the future simple, the compound past, the imperfect, the pluperfect, the conditional present, etc.
If necessary, we will review your knowledge of these tenses and complete it for you master the entire system of the indicative mood.
The conditional mood
The conditional mood is used to express the condition.
If you haven’t studied it yet, you will learn and review all the different ways to express the condition using the conditional present, the conditional past, the pluperfect, the present and the future simple in combination.
The subjunctive mood
The subjunctive is used to express a possibility, an opinion, a fact that is considered to be unreal.
If necessary, we will revise the subjunctive mood or complete your knowledge of it.
Do I need to have studied French before taking this course?
Yes. To follow this course for proficiency C1 level, you should master the knowledge of the A1, A2, B1 and B2 levels. At the beginning of the course, we will review your knowledge of these levels as well as your ability to have conversations in French. If necessary, we will revise and consolidate your knowledge before moving on with the C1 level course.
Do I need to buy materials to take this course?
You don’t need to buy materials to take this course. I will provide the materials (books for proficiency, texts, etc.) for your learning of French language. However, I also encourage you to search for content in French that appeals to your personal taste and expose yourself to it in your daily life. This can be music in French, movies, documentaries, etc. Being proactive is key when learning a language.
How long is this course?
This course is generally 45 hours long. This number of hours is based on the average time my students took to complete the C1 level. But some students take less time to master this content. While some others take more time. It depends on many factors. Your investment at home and your consistency with the course will have a great impact on your learning.
Do you offer hyper intensive training ?
Yes, depending on my availabilities, I do offer hyper intensive training. We can cover this whole 45 hour course in 1 or 2 weeks, 1 month, if you are ready to work. Contact me if you are in the urgency to learn (for work or university, for example).
Do I need to download a software to learn French with you?
Yes, if you don’t have it already installed on your computer, you will need to download Zoom video conferencing software to learn French with me online. When you make your very first reservation, you will receive, with the welcoming email, a link to our Zoom meeting room. You will be able to download Zoom from this link in 1 click and get ready for your first class.
At which moment of the day can I take my French lessons ?
You can take your French lessons online from 8am to 10pm (Brussels time-zone), from Monday to Saturday included. You can take morning, afternoon and evening French lessons. We will always discuss your schedule in advance.
What about the schedule? Is it flexible?
Yes, the schedule is flexible. I do my best to adapt to your professional and personal life. We always discuss your French lessons’ schedule in advance to best suit our respective availabilities. I also ask that, if you need to reschedule a lesson, it be done at least 24h in advance.
What happens when I buy a package?
When you buy a package, it becomes available in your student area. When you schedule your French lessons, the package scheduler automatically gets your timezone from your browser, so no need to worry about the time-zone conversion.
What if I need to reschedule a class ?
No problem, you can reschedule your lessons from your student area or you can drop me an email. I will reschedule the lesson for you from the admin side. I simply ask that you change your appointments at least 24h in advance.
Do you offer French lessons face to face in Brussels?
Yes, I do offer French lessons face to face in Brussels. If you live in Brussels or plan to do so, you are welcome to come study French at my place in the historical center of the city, one street away from the Grand Place. We will work on my blackboard with a tea or a coffee to share. Contact me if you want to learn French face to face in Brussels.
Can I take this course both online and face to face?
Yes. If you leave in Brussels and want to alternate between face to face and online learning because you might be away from the city, this is possible. Simply discuss with me about it and we will find the solution that suits best your needs.
Do you offer discounts?
I offer different packages of French lessons ranging from 5 to 45 hours or up on demand. With each package, come hours of French lessons offered for free, because I know you will like it. For more info about the prices, click the “buy package” button on this page. You can also visit the pricing page or simply contact me.